Sunday, January 4, 2009

NFL Playoffs

Can the NFL Playoffs be anymore annoying? 4 wild card games this weekend & not ONE of the teams I was rooting for won.

Baltimore Ravens over the Miami Dolphins
Arizona Cardinals over the Atlanta Falcons
San Diego Chargers over the Indianapolis Colts
Philadelphia Eagles over the Minnesota Vikings

Ok other the Cardinal vs Falcons didn't bother me too much, but the Colts & Vikings losing really upsets me. How in the world the Minnesota Vikings think they have a shot with Tavaris Jackson at Quarterback is beyond me. I sit in my chair at home & even I can tell you that this guy is not an NFL Quarterback. He is better than me, but hey I don't play.

Not having the Vikings or the Colts in the playoffs really makes it more B-O-R-I-N-G!! Who is there to root for now? My beloved Dallas Cowboys didn't even make the playoffs & now my 2nd favorite team the Adrian Peterson Vikings are out. I will be rooting all the way for the Pittsburgh Steelers to capture Super Bowl Title #6 all the way.

This next weekend games shape up like this:

Baltimore Ravens @ Tennesee Titans - BORING - Honestly I don't care - I think the Ravens take this game. Defense wins Championships. Kerry Collins "dream" comes to a close.

Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers - The winner of this game is who I will be rooting for in the NFC. Carolina is just too tough for the Cardinals in this one.

Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Giants - This game makes me want to puke. The Eagles are one of the two teams I root against EVERYTIME they play. ( Patriots are the other ). The Giants are in the same division as the Cowboys so it is hard for me to root for them to win. Although last year I rooted for them to beat the Patriots & they did. I will take the Giants with the Home Field advantage in this one.

San Diego Chargers @ Pittsburgh Steelers - Honestly how does an 8-8 team make the playoffs? I don't care if they just beat my boy Peyton Manning, I still say they shouldn't be there. I am for the Steelers so much that I will be bleeding black & gold this weekend! I seriously think the Steelers will win.

If the Steelers somehow do lose....I don't know who I will be rooting for. This is the first time in a LONG time that there is really no clear cut favorite for the Super Bowl. I think anyone of these teams could beat the other at this point.

Time for the NFL to adopt a new overtime system. Needs to be more like college where each team lines up @ the 25. Except in the NFL I would make it the 40 yard line.

Let's hope this next weekends round of games works out better than last weeks.

Until Later,

XX

No comments: