Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 A New Year

Alright, I know I haven't blogged in over 15 months. I could say I have been busy, but I know everyone else is as well. So I am going to attempt to have some New Years Resolutions this year.
  1. Be stronger in my faith. Not going through the motions, but actually study God's word & work on applying it in my daily life.
  2. Be a better Husband to my wife & a better father to my 4 kids.
  3. My wife & I have already decided to have a family devotional every night following dinner. Then have each night where we have activities (ex. Monday Night reading night etc...) I close the Club down on Tuesdays so they will be on their own.
  4. Be a better boss to my co-workers. I work for the greatest company in the world & I believe it is a blessing to do so. In order to help make my Club more successful I am going to need to be a better boss this year. Contrary to some folks belief I do care about my associates. I just need to be better at letting them know this.
  5. Stretch goal is to get to 190 pounds by the end of the year. Minimum goal is to get to 200 lbs. Currently I am at 215 lbs
  6. In order to accomplish #5 I will need to exercise. Not exercise MORE...because I currently don't do much other than lift my remote up with my right arm & run to the dinner table when my wife yells "dinner". I'll admit sometimes I run away from the dinner table in order to not do dishes. (isn't that what the 4 kids are for?) :)
  7. Read more & watch less Television. My kids & I enjoy watching a few TV Shows: Hawaii Five-O, Person of Interest, Terra Nova with upcoming shows like Alcatraz & The Firm waiting in the wings. I also watch a lot of sports, so I am going to attempt to NOT purchase the MLB package from DirecTV so I can spend more of my summer working on the above goals. Football season is about to come to an end so I won't be watching much sporting events on TV until September (of course I did buy the NBA Ticket this year so I can watch my favorite NBA team the OKC Thunder play basketball). I would like to read one book a month. I know some might think "ONE"? But, I figure going from one every 2 years to one a month is an improvement.
  8. Attempt to Blog more. I would like to do it daily like some, but I don't see that happening. So I will attempt once a week for now & hope to improve & see if I should change it by July 1, 2012.
  9. Change my Blog name from "Double X" to something else. My wife says it sound like an X rated movie. Obviously it has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with one of my favorite MLB players of all time Jimmie Foxx aka "Double X" copy & past this link ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmie_Foxx
  10. Stop & Smell the Roses. Enjoy life & live each & every day to the fullest!

Until Later,

XX

No comments: